Tuesday 23 October 2012

Preliminary Task Evaluation


What planning did you do? How was this useful, and how did you change from your plans?

When we were put into our groups and given what our task was to do, we discussed possible ideas for a storyline; we also discussed which camera angles to use and where about we would set our preliminary task. After deciding on which camera angles to use, and where we would set it, we each individually did a storyboard for the planning of the task. Doing a story board individually was useful because it made it easier to understand the camera angles. However when designing our storyboards time wasn't taken into consideration. So we didn't have a time for how long each shot was going to be but to have our footage last roughly around two minutes, we knew if each shot was a bit too long then we could cut it, when editing.

The storyboard helped me most understand what camera angles to use and the location for each shot because it is clear and easy to understand. We had no continuity errors when filming, as we shot it in the double lesson, the reason why it didn't take so long was because of the storyboards, they gave us a good clear idea.

For the conversation me and Dean had the topic of what to say and then improvised what to say, it took a few times to get but wasn't much of a problem. 

What camera skills have you developed? How confident are you with using the cameras and has this confidence changed during the project?

The camera skills I have developed are more confidence in filming. I had never used a video camera before only stills cameras so was something new. I also learnt camera angles and how to hold the camera steady when filming as well as an improvement in shooting and confidence in using the cameras. My confidence in using the cameras during the project has changed a lot although i have had experience using still cameras before.

What editing skills have you developed? How confident are you with using the editing program?

I had no experience in using movie editing software (only software’s such as Photoshop) before the project. So I didn't have much of an idea of how to use it however now I have much more better understanding of how to use it. Although my confidence and ability will get better the more I use it, I am much more confident in using it than I was to start off with. Overall I am pleased with the outcome of our film.

Other comments.

Overall I think our group worked well together and I did not have any major problems, such as continuity. We worked well at sharing ideas and organisation in which roles we did for example who was to be filmed walking, or who was filming which scene. The 180 degree rule was managed  with no trouble. However if I were to repeat the task again then I would include a more of a variety of camera angles.

1 comment:

  1. A well organised response but you haven't provided any examples of the purpose of specific camera angles and movement you used during the shoot, your locations, and the theme of the conversation.
    To obtain an A Level pass you must avoid waffle/over generalisations! For future reference for each point you make regarding aspects of planning, the shoot and the edit you must reference aspects of your production or specific skills you used during the edit.

    ReplyDelete